Sexual Issues In Middle Aged Men
Sexual Issues in middle aged men tend to revolve around a reduction in our desire, and our ability to have sex.
These changes can be upsetting, and can make you feel less of a man, which may lead to other sexual issues surfacing.
Its quite normal.
It just means that you are experiencing a natural slowing of your desire, and ability to indulge in sex.
Like most of our activities and functions, our sexual behaviour slows with age, but that doesn't mean that it stops.
Research has shown that men enjoy sex well into their old age, with a high proportion of octegenarians still sexually active, and even some 'studs' in their nineties."Now there's something to look forward to"
In fact one study showed that 24% of people over age 75 were having sexual relations more than twice per month.
Another study, published in the British Medical Journal states...
- Many older people are sexually active
- Partnership and sexual activity have been positively associated with health in middle age and later life
- Frequency of sexual activity, a good quality sex life, and interest in sex are positively associated with health in middle age and later life
- Interest in sex among middle aged and older men in the United States has increased since 2000
- At age 55, sexually active life expectancy is 15 years for men and 10.6 years for women
- Although the period is longer for men, they lose more years of sexually active life as a result of poor health than women
This study makes the point that good health is a big factor in being active sexually.
The four best things a middle aged man can do himself to improve his sex life is to...<<
Some research also suggests that, contrary to popular belief, reducing your red meat intake can improve your libido.
As well as avoiding products naturally high in oestrogen-like compounds, such as soya.
Sexual issues in middle aged men usually involve a loss of desire, and or, the inability to achieve/maintain erection
Most middle aged men experience...
- A decrease in the number of spontaneous and morning erections.
- (Morning erections nowadays usually mean you need to pee)
- The firmness and rigidity of their erection diminishes.
- (Gone are the days when you could hang a bath towel on it)
- The sensation just before ejaculation lessens.
- The volume and force of the ejaculate diminishes, and there is a faster return to the flacid state.
In the following pages we'll look at some of these issues.
Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction
Leave Sexual Issues and return to Middle Aged Men