This Site is Dedicated to Middle Aged Men Everywhere!
"Let yourself go a bit?"
"Going grey, thin on top?"
"Congratulations! Your a Middle Aged Man"
So is he
(Don't ya just hate him?)
So am I,
and I've just had a health scare, which has made me do some thinking about...
Some of the joys middle age has in store for us...
"Middle age is when it takes longer to rest, Than to get tired"
- As middle aged men, we gradually lose muscle tone and elasticity. We also tend to replace some of our muscle with fatty tissue. More importantly, we lose strength and endurance, making it easier to strain and tear muscles and ligaments.
- Our bones lose calcium, and become less dense, porous, and brittle. Increasing the risk of fracture.
- Our hair turns grey or we lose it.
- Our skin seems to get too big for us, this is due to its losing its elasticity
- We gradually, to one degree or another, experience loss of hearing, smell, taste, and sight.
- Middle aged men, also experience a degeneration of their neurological systems.
Messages take a bit longer to travel along the nerves, and the muscles are slower to respond.
This, coupled with muscular degeneration, causes us to gradually get a bit slower. (Try playing squash with a twenty year old.)
Of course there's also genito-urinary, and gastro intestinal declination to look forward to.
There is some good news
Research indicates, that in the absence of disease, Much of this physical decline can be slowed considerably, and in some cases actually be reversed. By adopting a healthier lifestyle.
Whats the difference between the two men above?
(apart from squillions of dollars)
Mr Pitt looks after himself...
The web is full of sites and blogs for menopausal women
But there aint much for a middle aged man who's looking for a bit of help and information on middle age, and
how it will affect him.
to help us middle aged men
to look after ourselves
There are pages on the various Health Issues that we are likely to encounter.
We'll have a look at the so-called Manopause
Some Sexual Issues that affect Middle Aged Men are examined
There is Information on Diet and Metabolism to help you to Lose Weight should you need to
The pages of information about Exercise for middle aged men, will help keep you fit and active
There's even help on Quitting Smoking should you need it.
is an on-going work.
So please come back and visit us regularly.
If you have any stories or comments please let us know by using the
- Health issues in Middle Aged Men
- Health Issues<br>“If life begins at fifty …Why does everything begin to wear out, fall out, or spread out?”
- Manopause. A psychological condition in which a Middle Aged Man appears to have lost his mind...
- Losing Weight
- Losing weight aint easy but we hope we can help.. WEIGHT LOSS FOR MIDDLE AGED MEN NO GIMMICKS, OR FAD DIETS. Use these pages to help you to form a WORKABLE plan to LOSE and KEEP OFF those extra pounds
- US Navy Body Fat Calculator
- US Navy Body Fat Calculator automatically calculates your body fat percentage
- Exercise for Middle Aged Men
- As middle aged men Exercise is probably THE most important thing we can do to stave off the
- Quitting Smoking
- Why quit smoking? Because it is bad for you (stoopid) Your life expectancy, (not including Cancer) is between 8 and 12 years less than someone who doesnt smoke By quitting smoking you will
- Motivation for Middle Aged Men
- Losing weight, Quitting smoking, Taking Exercise, are all good things you know that you should do to help keep the effects of increasing age at bay. But you lack the motivation. Hopefully these pag
- Sexual Issues in Middle Aged Men
- Sexual Issues in Middle Aged Men. One of the most important effects of middle age is the decline in our sexual activity. Wheather we like it or not we will experience a reduction in our desire, and ou
- At Middle Aged Men.com We recognize that your privacy is important. This document
- Contact us
- We are always interested in hearing from our friends, both old and new, and what they have to say. Please feel free to let us have your thoughts or the benefit of your experiences, so we can either im
- What are you going to do when the time comes to retire?
That's a question that you will find yourself asking more and more